Foto: Halloween-Kürbisse, die von Schüler_innen der Klasse Soz 17 der Sozialassistentenausbildung im Rahmen des Interkulturellen Kalenders gebastelt wurden.
Choose the right answer for each question below:
1. Where does Halloween originally come from?
- From Germany
- From France
- From the USA/Ireland
2. What is a pumpkin?
- a haunted house
- a large orange vegetable
- a small child
3. On Halloween children go door-to-door saying
- We love you!
- We wish you a Merry Christmas!
- Trick or treat?
4. People who open the door give children
- some candies or sweets
- a smile
5. Who or what is Jack-o-Lantern?
- nickname of Campus’ janitor
- the spirit of a dead person
- a carved pumpkin usually with a candle burning inside
6. Children on Halloween dress up in all sorts of frightening costumes. Why?
- to impress their parents and teachers
- to frighten away the evil spirits
- to have fun
7. Which are most favourite costumes that children wear on Halloween?
- costumes of princes and princesses
- costumes of witches, skeletons, ghosts and goblins
- costumes of animals
8. What do people usually on Halloween?
- celebrate parties
- watch scary movies
- bake pumpkin cakes